Tests on quality indicators
The basic functions of paints and coatings are protection and good appearance of the painted surface. Besides decorative appearance the coatings extend a lifespan of metal constructions and protect them from aggressive environments like gases, liquids, etc.The basic properties of the coatings are:
- decorative properties (color retention, degree of chalking, gloss);
- protective properties (resistance to the elements of nature: light stability, resistance to drastic temperature changes, to frost, to humidity and salt fog);
- physical and mechanical properties (adhesion, hardness, elasticity, tensile and bending strength, resistance to impact, resistance to wear);
- application properties (viscosity, degree of grinding, solids by mass, VOC, hiding power, electrical properties, suitability for sanding and polishing);
- insulating properties (dielectric strength, specific volumetric electrical resistance, tangent of the dielectric loss angle);
- chemical resistance (to the impact of acids, alkali, aggressive gases, water, transformer oil, petrol, detergent solution and other chemical agents).
«LKP-Khotkovo-Test» conducts tests of more than 145 quality indicators. Regarding the full scope of tests please refer to the field of our accreditation.